The heated humidification of infants treated with invasive, mechanical ventilation is recommended by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC).
The AARC also suggests that heated humidification be used when providing humidification to patients with low tidal volumes or those receiving lung protective therapy. This is most important in your smallest and most sensitive patients.
Benefits of AirLife® infant heated circuits:
- Can be used for up to 30 days on a single patient
- Made without DEHP, BPA or latex
- Dual-swivel patient port for ease in positioning of the circuit
- Spiral wire design aids in reduction of condensate and promotes ideal humidity output
- Multiple adapters are included